What can you see and do at the John F. Green Spartanburg Science Center?
The John F. Green Spartanburg Science Center primarily provides educational programs to school classes, home-schoolers, scouts, and other groups. At the Spartanburg Science Center there is a small science museum that has hands-on science exhibits, live reptiles and amphibians, and displays of assorted specimens.
Thursday – Saturday 10 AM – 5 PM
Sunday 1 PM – 5 PM
Groups, Scouts, Home-schoolers, etc.
Programs, Starlab, activities, special events or field trips can be schedule where your group meets or at the Science Center. Call or email the Science Center to reserve your date. 864-583-2777 or email@example.com.
- General Admission (no program) $5.00 per person over 5 years old
Free admission for Members
(Click here to become a Science Center Member)
- Group Admissions (call to schedule) $5.00 per person (All adult chaperones free)
- Group Admission (with 45 min. program) $75.00 per program + $5.00 admission (Free for Members)
(Chaperones are free with scheduled groups)
To schedule a group visit, program or event
Phone #: (864) 583-2777
Interactive Map / Directions
200 East Saint John Street, Spartanburg, SC 29316 (864) 583-2777
Address: 200 East St. John Street, Spartanburg, SC 29306
Longitude/Latitude: (34.953276, -81.929832)
The John F. Green Spartanburg Science Center is located at the Chapman Cultural Center on the second floor of the Montgomery Building.
Directions from I-26
- Take exit 72 (US-176)
- Head northeast on US-176 toward Spartanburg
- Continue on to I-585 S/US-176 E/N Pine St for 3.4 mi
- Turn right onto E St John St
- Destination will be 3 blocks on the right just past Barnett Park
Directions from I-85
- Head northeast on Exit 21B toward US-29 N
- Go approximately 3.0 mi on US 29 N
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto W St John St
- Destination is about 1 mi on the left